About the Project

Why I decided to do this:
I'm a list girl. I love crossing things off to-do lists, because there's a sense of satisfaction that comes from actually completing something, which is an accomplishment in and of itself when you're a procrastinator. As an avid reader of blogs, I stumbled upon this project a few months ago and knew I wanted to give it a shot.

The Challenge:

Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (i.e. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (i.e. represent some amount of work on your part). I will document, as best I can, the completion of each task.

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.

0 comments: